Fundamentals of Retirement Planning
Michael L. Wilson, MBA, CFP®, CRC®
InFRE is NPEA’s trusted partner for providing retirement-specific professional development, retirement counselor certification and plan administration certificate training courses designed specifically for public sector defined contribution and defined benefit plans.
Being aware of how to plan for retirement at different career stages provide the groundwork for understanding the broad variety of factors that affect how well an employee achieves their retirement goals. This course will focus on how to implement the principles of retirement planning to achieve retirement preparedness.You will learn about:
- Retirement planning across the lifecycle
- Helping pre-retirees understand the importance of preparing psychologically, socially, physically, geographically, as well as financially, for retirement
- Retirement mindsets and behavioral finance
- Financial and retirement goal setting
- Retirement risk management
- Elder care and elder fraud
- Key tax and estate planning strategies for retirees
Perfect for those with new to intermediate level retirement knowledge and skills, this is Course #1 of the InFRE® Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) Certification study program.